WHEA-LOGGER Warning

Dear All,
we have blade 860 dual processor with windows 2008,

in system event viewer I got a warning with these information
" source=WHEA-LOGGER
A corrected hardware error occurred
error type=32
"
could you please tell me why this warning repeated thousand of times?Is there any Hardware Issue?

Regards
5 REPLIES 5
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Re: WHEA-LOGGER Warning

Hello,
according other forums it occurs if you do not have motherborad/chipset drivers updated.
My sugestion is to check available drivers from HP site as well patches from Microsoft.

Jan
subashbl870
Regular Advisor

Thanks ,now OK
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hello Subash,

you could verify the blades own log (FPL, SEL) and see if there is any event in it that has a level of 3 or higher. That would indicate a potential H/W issue on the server blade.

If you installed the HP management agents, than those files are even available on the servers filesystem.

The message in the Windows log seems to indicate it concerns correctable errors but the FPL might provide you where they come from (i.e. memory, cpu ...) .

HTH

Kris
subashbl870
Regular Advisor

Hi,
before 2 months I opened case,they said there is no issue with H/W,,,
now the warning is come back again!!!!

What I can do?
Regards
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

As i mentioned, you should collect OS and H/W log files and let them analyse to see where the correctable error comes from.

Correctable errors are normal to occur and as long as they are below the thresholds defined for that particular component ( i.e. memory, cpu, cache , disks etc etc) there is no issue. Once the correctable errors rise above the threshold, a pre-failure warning will be logged and then that component might need replacement.

HTH

Kris