BladeSystem - General
1748208 Members
2778 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: What is correct Part Number for redundant OA Module?

Bob Cullen
Occasional Advisor

What is correct Part Number for redundant OA Module?

We are soon to be ordering a c3000 and want a second OA for redundancy. I have found two part numbers - 488099-B21 and 488100-B21 - which appear to be the same thing with slightly different descriptions.

The 488100-B21 is somewhat cheaper though (£450 vs. £600 approx.), so we are wondering which is the correct module to order. All the 'Manuals/Data Sheets' links from the web pages describing these units all seem to end up in the same place.

My reseller "thinks" the cheaper unit is OK, but we need to be sure. If anyone knows, or can direct me to an authoritative resource, I'd be very grateful.

Bob
4 REPLIES 4
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Hi Bob,
From what I can see, I agree that they appear to be, to all intent and purposes, the same item. The only difference that i could discern was that googling the 488100 number got me to an HP web page where as all of the results for 488099 took me to reseller web pages.

To the best of my personal knowledge there is no physical or actual difference between the "Onboard Administrator" that comes installed as part of the enclosure part#, and the "Redundant OA Option" which has a different part #. The units are, to be best of my knowledge, interchangable.

I suppose you must also consider whether this is Production, and what kind of Maintenance agreement you have, but in the end, the decision is yours, (but for the sake of a few hundred quid ...)

Dave
Bob Cullen
Occasional Advisor

Hi Dave, and thanks for the response. I suppose it isn't so much a case of "can we save £150", which is certainly in the noise level of the budget ! but rather "which is the RIGHT unit to specify?".

I went to the Configurator tool site, and if you select a c7000 enclosure, it gives the Redundant OA selection option, but for a c3000 it doesn't! This suggests the tool is out of date, as I seem to recall the c3000 origianlly didn't have the redundancy option.

Bah humbug! as somebody once said...

Thanks for your views, anyway.
Bob
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

look here

http://partsurfer.hp.com/

one is with access cable and blanking plate

This is how we thank each other in the forum

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Enjoy:
Bob Cullen
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Mark (and point taken, or rather points given!)

The PartSurfer tip is a good one ;-)

I'm beginning to think the 488099 is the version that is supplied by default with the enclosure, complete with display and tray, so the 488100 is probably just the second module that slips in beside the first.

Anyway - if anybody from HP monitors these threads, the configurator still needs work!

Thanks all. Bob