1751974 Members
4905 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: bl460c marked "x" red & "Mgmt processor Failed" on device bay list

Bahman371

I have the same error with a bl480c.

it's a ILO's ROM crash, I think the only solution is flashing the ILO ROM, may-be with the serial port of SUV Cable or with the inside pins of the server.

I would appreciate any gentleman explain the pin-out of the cable I(we) need!!

Dnortham
Advisor

I am having same issue firmware is 2.32 ilo 1.61...

also noticed that VC's lost there IP as well.

Jon Ward
Trusted Contributor

Ensure you are using the firmware baselines listed under either the Compatibility tab or the Previous Firmware Versions tab at http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/blades/components/c-class.html . If you are using say new OA firmware but old iLO 2 firmware, it could lead to an unstable environment. Unless there is a bugfix documented indicating the firmware has to be updated to a later version, it is considered to be more important that the firmware match each other in one of these lists than having the latest versions.
Dnortham
Advisor

other than looking at firmware; does anybody know what actually causes this issue on long running machines with "appropriate" configurations?

Anytime I have ever updated firmware 70% of the time I loose connectivity to Virtual Connects which causes a site visit in order to receit the OA, so that it can re-discover it's inventory.. obviously with over 130 enlcosures geographically dispersed; this is not something I would like to repeat on a constant basis just to disprove a firmware compatibility issue.

just thoughts here.

Paul .
Occasional Advisor

Not a total solution - but you can telnet to the OA and run the following command to "reset power" on a server without having to go onsite:

RESET SERVER #

Dazzle
Occasional Visitor

Same issue here with red X and Mgmt Processor failed on Svr Bay

Now resoved - firmware versions weren't the issue, since OA now on v3.21 , and ILO on 2.01

Flipped the OA from Active to Standby, and Standby to Active fixed it for me. 

Not sure if this is a temp fix however, as unfortunately I do have management traffic and server traffic on same subnet - this is a special case for our DMZ enclosure setup, so does not apply to whole environment, but at least now all OAs and blade ILOs accessible again.

Thanks all

Daz

vipink430
Occasional Advisor

Management Processor failed in blade bay 1

How do i upgrade OA and ILO without powerd on this server ,

Server completely off..

vipink430
Occasional Advisor

My server not at all on and how do i do this upadate
Bhumeshwar

Hi,

I have gone through all the posts but in my case ..have tried reset command on CLI which did'nt help..earlier the server was working but when i have moved this to new enclosure which has latest OA firmwar and after which it throws the errors of management processor failed and the same symptoms of "X" mark

any idea if it is related to some firmware issue, if yes how should we upgrade the fimware in offline mode.

my server does not comes up at all..

Regards,