108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: bl460c power management issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
Christopher Stafford
Occasional Advisor

bl460c power management issue

I have been using the Firmware Deployment Tool on 7 enclosures so far and all 16 bl460cs in each enclosure have been fully updated just fine. I now have a single blade that will not let the power management be updated. It says "Not Available" under current version for the power mgmt ctlr and is giving an error over that blade. I've visited the customer advisory site for the issue but can't seem to figure it out. The blade will not take that update.

Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

You need a minimum iLO firmware **already** installed (1.78) in order to flash the power management firmware.

And:

"For the HP ProLiant BL465c G1 and HP ProLiant BL685c G1, this Power Management Controller Firmware is not needed unless the currently installed revision is 0.7. If any revision of the firmware prior to or later than revision 0.7 is installed, it is not necessary to upgrade to revision 3.4 of the Power Management Controller Firmware. If the current revision is 0.7, upgrading to revision 3.4 is recommended. The Power Management Controller Firmware version 0.7 may exhibit the following issue:

..."

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=1842750&swItem=MTX-3846964ef01b469cb48546229f&prodNameId=3288156&swEnvOID=2025&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=1

So, version 0.5 and 3.4 are both OK.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

same page:

"This firmware update can only be applied if your Power Management Controller Firmware is version .6 or later. The current Power Management Controller firmware version will be identified and displayed when executing this upgrade on your system. If the current Power Management Controller Firmware version on your system is prior to .6 then you will receive a message indicating that this firmware update is not supported on your system. However, there is no need to update the Power Management Controller Firmware for such systems."

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

Christopher Stafford
Occasional Advisor

Sorry, I forgot to mention the iLO is version 1.81 on the blade so already have that covered. When logged into the OA for the c7000, under rack firmware it states "Not Available" for the pwr mgmt version of that blade. Is there another way to confirm the version of the pwr mgmt?

Thanks for the reply.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Well, you can run the update (e.g. smartstart 8.70 offline), the process will tell the current version. If needed, start the debug window from there.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

Christopher Stafford
Occasional Advisor

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks for the replies. Points given
Christopher Stafford
Occasional Advisor

I ended up having to replace the system board.