1753867 Members
7580 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

c-class enclosure can't bee seen after firmware update

mozg31337

c-class enclosure can't bee seen after firmware update

Hello everyone.

Apologies if this question has been answered somewhere here, but I was not able to find it.

I've got a c-class enclosure (firmware 2.40) with 3 BL25p G2 servers. The servers had an ilo version 1.82 and I was able to configure and view enclosure details from the ilo.

I've recently updated the firmware to the latest version 2.05 on all three servers. Since then I've lost the ability to manage or even view the enclosure details. I get a message that the enclosure is not manageable. It doesn't matter which enclosure bay I am trying to use, it simply tells me that the enclosure is not manageable. I've tried powering down the entire enclosure to no avail.

Did anyone experience this problem before? Is there a way to fix this? Is this a bug in the new ilo firmware?

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Re: c-class enclosure can't bee seen after firmware update

I have a vague recollection that the OA needs to be at min level of 2.60.

In any case, are you able to connect to the enclosure OA, via Browser??
are there any hints showing on the Insight Display??

I would try to check the EBIPA stuff first and make sure that the IPs didnt get trashed.

You could also try rebooting the OA's.

You could also try importing the OA config from before the update. This will not affect the firmware levels, it will just ensure that the configuration settings are set back to exactly what they were before the update.

You do have a backup, Yes??

Dave.
mozg31337

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for your reply.

From what I recall, the latest version of enclosure firmware was 2.40. I was not able to find the later one.

I've restarted the enclosure (pulled all power leads) and it didn't help to resolve the problem.

The issued happened after I've updated the ilo firmware on the servers. A few minutes prior to that i've checked and was able to view/manage the blade enclosure.

Also, I've forgot to mention that I've tried putting the old decommissioned server in the enclosure bay 1. The old server is bl25p, with an older ilo version. I am able to see the enclosure from the old server, but not from the new one.

Regarding connecting directly to the enclosure. How do I do that? I've not done that before. How do I find the IP address of the actual enclosure rather than the server's ilo?

Cheers
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

It seems to be some deviation on replies. If we are talking about BL25p servers those are "p-class" blades and it will not be used in "c-class" blade.

Try to check on the below guide for p-class
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00065042/c00065042.pdf

I got the above link from one of old post
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-BladeSystem/P-class-server-blade-enclosure/m-p/3997192#M477

mozg31337

Sorry, my mistake. you are absolutely right, it is a p-class enclosure and not a c-class one.

Andrei