1753734 Members
4523 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

c700 Enclosure

Sycon1

c700 Enclosure

Hello all...

We have an active and standby onboard administrator. today I noticed that the standby module is no longer showing. I have tried to reset with the button on the back on the module, but it still is not showing up. Is there a way to make the enclosure rescan for this other onboard administrator? Sounds like a hardware failure possibly? Any suggestions?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Re: c700 Enclosure

What is the OA version?
Can you ping to the Standby IP, if you know it. Otherise try the below:

1. Verify the Standby module is seated properly.
2. Try reseting the Active OA, Verify does it detect the Standby.

3. Save the configuration script of the Active OA, Reset the Active OA to factory defaults, Upload the Config Script.

Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

When you browse the web interface for the active OA, you should be able to view the details of the both OA's by clicking the "+" sign on the initial screen (before your log in).

If you can not see any information for the standby OA, remove the standby and reseat it first.

Reseating the OA's does NOT effect the functioning blades.

If you know the information for the standby OA, you can try to web browse to it's IP address and log in. You will have limited options, but should be able to switch roles. (Make the standby active and the active... standby.)

Another way to get the OA information is from the front panel. Display the Enclosure Settings and the IP should be listed either the 4th or 5th line item.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

We have also replaced OAs to new ones due corrupted firmware update.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Sycon1

The OA is at 2.12. If I expand the plus there is no information given for the standby, just says firmware 0.00. It says Oa2 ip address not present from the display on the chasis. I am unable to ping the standby by what I know was its IP.

sounds like I need to reseat the module and hope it comes up, if not give hp a call for a replacement.

Any other suggestions and thanks for all the help so far guys.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Try to reset Active OA, if it is not a hardware problem Standy by should come up.

or do the Factory reset if it doesn't show up, Call Support.