cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

c7000 scheduled reboot

Christopher Stafford
Occasional Advisor

c7000 scheduled reboot

Hello, just a quick question. Is there a way to schedule a c7000 to reboot itself along with the blades say for example every 3 hours?

Thank you.
5 REPLIES
Ken Krubsack
Trusted Contributor

Re: c7000 scheduled reboot

Christopher,

Why would you want to do this in the first place?

I know that sounds like a flip response, but it isn't. We have 5 of these things and the only time I even think about it is when I'm doing firmware upgrades.
Christopher Stafford
Occasional Advisor

The reason I wanted to do that is because we're shipping these enclosures out to another location and I wanted to stress test the blades as best I could before being shipped. I wanted to set up a 3 hour reboot schedule for 24 hours or so. It's not a big deal I was just curious if it was possible.

Thanks.
Ken Krubsack
Trusted Contributor

I'll freely admit you had me wondering. :)

Even so, really the only way to TRULY reboot an enclosure that I know of (and I'm sure someone out here will correct me if I'm wrong) is to pull the power cords. Somehow I don't really think that's what you had in mind!

Ken
Dan Robinson_4
Regular Advisor

You can hard reset the blades and interconnects inside the enclose by using the OA Command line interface. Dont know of a way to reboot the entire enclosure though

SSH to the Active OA
Run the hidden RESET command

RESET SERVER 1
RESET INTERCONNECT 1

I would assume this can be scripted from a Linux machine but not entirely sure. just keep in mind that this yanks the power from the server/interconnect so if you have an OS on the blades it will be coming down hard each time.
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Hi Christopher,

Dan has the right idea. You can script this in Linux or you can use a utility like PLINK (ssh) or TST10 (telnet) to script it from the Windows command line.

I haven't tested OA firmware 3.10 yet but as far as 3.00 is concerned, RESET INTERCONNECT <#> doesn't do anything. To remove power to all blades you must type:

RESET SERVER 1
RESET SERVER 2
RESET SERVER 3
RESET SERVER 16

If you like (and it doesn't do much for stress testing) you can also reboot interconnects and lastly OAs with:

RESTART INTERCONNECT
RESTART OA

good luck!