5149 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: cannot see c-clsss enclosure blade system on SIM

murat bilal
Advisor

cannot see c-clsss enclosure blade system on SIM

Hi,
I just discover the onboard administrator on HP SIM.But when I clisck on the Integrated Console---Hp Blade system i cannot see any information about the enclosure.Also my onboard admin.. system type is shown as "unknown".I use onboard ad. firmware version 2.32 and my hp product suite versions are :
HP Application Discovery A.04.00.07.33
HP BladeSystem Integrated Manager 3.4
HP Capacity Advisor A.04.00.07.33
HP Global Workload Manager A.04.00.07.33
HP Insight Control Management 2.35
HP Insight Power Manager 1.40
HP Performance Management Pack 4.7.1
HP Server Migration Pack Universal Edition 3.51
HP Virtualization Manager A.04.00.07.33
HP Virtual Machine Management Pack 3.5
Insight Control Environment Advisor 2.35
Virtual Connect Enterprise Manager 1.10 SP1
I install the latest firmware versions of ILO,rom etc about the blade enclosure(c7000,blade460c servers).When i query the https://10.1.1.32/xmldata?item=all i got the error below:
name contained an invalid character. Error processing resource 'https://10.1.1.32/xmldata?item=all'. Line 1338, Position...

----------------^
/DIV>
OK

CAn anyone help me

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Did you set SNMP correctly to OA ? also import certificate from SIM to OA to provide Single Sign on
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
murat bilal
Advisor

I checked everything. i import the certificate and correctly set SNMP settings
But still i have the same problem
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

delete enclosure from SIM and re-discover
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Make sure the Blades have Valid Serial Number.
If you don't have a Valid serial Number you will see this Error.
You can Edit the SN in RBSU.
murat bilal
Advisor

Hi
I checked the serial numbers of server blades
from onboard administrator,RBSU also i telnet to the OA and check it from command line.One of the serial numbers is different.I enter the RBSU and correct the serial number.I delete it from SIM and discover again, many many times but the problem is still the same;OA system type is unknown and XML reply is:

name contained an invalid character. Error processing resource 'https://10.1.1.32/xmldata?item=all'. Line 1338, Position...

----------------^
/SPAN>
OK
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

murat bilal
Advisor

Hello,

We solved the problem with the help of a HP system support engineer.The issue was,when we looked at the information of the virtual connect,2 ethernet modules display the serial number,but 1 VC-FC module, the serial number section display as .No serial number information for the VC-FC module when we look at from OA administrator page.I took of the module from the enclosure.And everything is ok now.We correctly discover OA module as management processor.
murat bilal
Advisor

Hello,

We solved the problem with the help of a HP system support engineer.The issue was,when we looked at the information of the virtual connect,2 ethernet modules display the serial number,but 1 VC-FC module, the serial number section display as .No serial number information for the VC-FC module when we look at from OA administrator page.I took of the module from the enclosure.And everything is ok now.We correctly discover OA module as management processor