5327 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

check connectivity to iLO default gateway

Gene Kenny
Regular Advisor

check connectivity to iLO default gateway

Hi

I have a c3000 blade unit. With two half height blades and one full height blade.
I get an iLO error of iLO configuration error, check connectivity to iLO default gateway on the full height blade the half height blades work correctly. I moved the blade that is not working to a different slot and I get the same results. Not sure how to check the iLO default gateway. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Re: check connectivity to iLO default gateway

to check iLO network settings. reboot server press F8 to go into iLO.
once page loded go to network and check if gateway n other settings are fine.

Thanks
MichaelT_3

I see that the suggested solution is to hit F8 during the reboot, but is there any way I can do that remotely?

Or is that impossible due to the situation?
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

You can try reseting the server from OA remotely.

Login to OA via telnet or ssh Execute a command
"Reset server "
this should fix that issue.

Or you can Login to the iLO IP using browser and goto network settings and Check the Gateway.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Are you still seeing the problem...
MichaelT_3

What I had to do to resolve the issue was:
(and unfortunately, could not be done remotely)
- change the internal switches (1 and 6) to reset the blade back to factory default and also to enable dhcp.
- reinstall the blade
- after the blade powered on, set the switches back to off
- from there we could set the EBIPA and the blade was available
JJSLY
Advisor

iLO IP address conflict can cause this issue as well. Make sure that there is no other device on the network using the iLO IP.

Casper42
Respected Contributor

You should have been able to SSH into the OA, and then type CONNECT SERVER X (where X is the slot number) and be connected to the iLO CLI prompt.

From there you use the iLO Scripting Guide and it tells you how to change/check the IP, NetMask, Gateway, etc.

All this can be done online and there would have been no need to down the server.

Option 2

You could have used HPONCFG from the OS and Reset the iLO config to factory defaults (only the iLO, not the entire server)

Then use the EBIPA feature (Enclosure Bay IP Addressing, under Enclosure Settings) to give the iLO in Slot X whatever IP you wanted.  EBIPA is a hybrid between DHCP and Static assignments.  The iLO uss DHCP and the OA acts like a DHCP Server (don't worry, it only responds to INTERNAL) devices.

Once you had the EBIPA working, you could have either left it alone and had a happy iLO, or go in through the Web Interface to the iLO and change the IP to Static.

Both can be done remotely assuming you have access to the OA.