1748322 Members
4985 Online
108762 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: half/full height blade compatability - c7000

cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

half/full height blade compatability - c7000

Anybody know if there is an adapter/bracket of some sort that allows 2 half height blades to co-exist next to a single full height blade in a given 'quarter' of a c7000 enclosure?

I'll explain. c7000 has eight slots for full height, single width blades. These are further sub-divided into 4 double width bays by the enclosure structure itself and in each of these is a horizontal plate which must be removed to install a full height blade. When the plate is removed, its not possible to house a half height blade in the top section as it has nothing to rest on. Even with another half height blade in the bottom section it cant be done.

It's not keeping me awake at night, but if there's something out there....
4 REPLIES 4
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Anybody know if there is an adapter/bracket of some sort that allows 2 half height blades to co-exist next to a single full height blade in a given 'quarter' of a c7000 enclosure?

Yes. When you buy a Storage blade or tape blade or PCI Blade and Full height Server You will get that Option Divider.

I don't have the part number @ this time, Surely will post once i get it.

Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

The c7000 enclosure is divided into 4 quadrants by the vertical support metalwork. Within each quadrant a removable divider is used to support half height devices. To install a full-height blade in any quadrant this divider must be removed. As a consequence a quadrant can only contain either full-height server blades or half-height server blades.

NOTE: Storage blades and Tape blades can be installed in the same quadrant as both full-height and half-height blades, a bracket ships with each SB40c/Tape Blade that allows a half-height blade to be mounted on top of the storage blade.

NOTE: The lower tape or storage blade cannot be removed without first removing the upper half height blade.

Page 31 of below Doc:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12810_div/12810_div.pdf
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

Cheers

The answer is currently 'no' then.