108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hp blade enclosure c7000 g2 missing virtual connect manager

SOLVED
Go to solution
okavango
Visitor

hp blade enclosure c7000 g2 missing virtual connect manager

i have just acquired c7000 blade g2 and in the process of setting it up. i have managed to logon to the onboard administrator but i am missing the virtual connect manager link. blade details: rack firmware version is 3.32, administrator firmware version 1.7 and vc flexfabric firmware version 3.18

4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: hp blade enclosure c7000 g2 missing virtual connect manager

Hi,

There are four ways to access HP Virtual Connect Manager:

1. If the management network uses dynamic DNS, locate the Default Network Settings label on the Primary VC module, and then type the DNS name into the address field of the web browser.
  2. Log on to the enclosure Onboard Administrator. From the rack overview screen, select the Virtual Connect Manager link from the left navigation window. The Onboard Administrator firmware must be version 3.11 or higher.
  3. Log on to the enclosure Onboard Administrator. Select Interconnect Bays in the left navigation window of the Onboard Administrator user interface. Select the Management URL link for the Primary Ethernet module.
  4. Access the Virtual Connect Manager CLI remotely through an SSH session.

You could also try the HP Guided Troubleshooting for any issues with HP Servers.  Click Here.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

okavango
Visitor

thanks for your reply. i am able to logon to the OnBoard Administrator, but the virtual connect manager link is missing in the GUI. i can also acccess the OnBoard Administrator using the command ssh and  i am missing virtual connect manager commands.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

It's been awhile since I've setup a new enclosure. That being said, I don't think the link to connect to VC appears in the OA until you have configured VC and tied it to the enclosure during domain setup.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Psychonaut
Respected Contributor
Solution

You need to go under the Enclosure Bay IP Addressing, click the Interconnects tab and set the IP address there.  After you do that you will be able to log into the VC and set it up.