1753819 Members
8888 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

hp blade server

priyotoshtsp
Occasional Contributor

hp blade server

During locfg.pl execution in ubuntu 16.04 how this perl script get the SSL key and certificate file. 

Basically I want to execute 

locfg.pl -f Insert_Virtual_Media.xml -u user -p pass -s IP_of_ILO

But the locfg.pl script gives failure during the creation of socket. I.e., due to the execution of below line. 

$socket = IO::Socket::SSL->new(PeerAddr => $server) || die $ConnectionErrorMessage;

The exact error at the client is: "ERROR: SSL connection error."

How the client knows the SSL key and SSL certificate??

Kindly let me know.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Guru_Verma
HPE Pro

Re: hp blade server

Greetings!
Hope below answers your question - "How the client knows the SSL key and SSL certificate??"

When the client is verifying a certificate, there are three possibilities:

• The certificate is signed by a CA that the client already trusts (and for which it knows the public key). In this case the client treats the certificate as valid.
  • The certificate is signed by a CA about which the client has no knowledge at all. In this case the client treats the certificate as invalid (and the browser will likely display a warning message instead of loading the page).
  • The certificate is signed by a CA that the client doesn't know, but which has a certificate that is signed by a CA that the client does know. (In this case the server must usually send both its own certificate, and the certificate of the CA - called the "intermediate CA" - that signed its certificate). Since the intermediate CA's certificate is signed by a CA that the client already trusts, it knows can trust it, and since the server's certificate is signed by the intermediate CA, the client knows it can trust it too.

I am HPE Employee
The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company.

Accept or Kudo