HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLO Mouse

Eric Sabo_1
Regular Advisor

iLO Mouse

We have BL460C G6 and we are installing windows 2008 R2 on them, the mouse through iLO is terrible and uncontrollable, does anyone have any suggestion on how to make the mouse work better in the iLO environment. On one server the mouse is stuck and cannot be moved.
3 REPLIES
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Re: iLO Mouse

hi Eric,

There are two settings you should be concerned with here. Both can be found in the Web Administration link for the server's iLO 2 processor.

On the Remote Console tab, click Settings.

High Performance Mouse - try to disable this, then close and reopen your remote console.

Persistent Keyboard and Mouse - Enabling this will cause the server to believe a keyboard and mouse is always attached.

I think with different combinations of these two settings you will find an acceptable response from iLO mouse activity.

good luck, if you appreciate the answers we appreciate the points!
Eric Sabo_1
Regular Advisor

thanks for the reply - it seems better after the support pack was applied to the server - but I will try your suggestions
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

OK, I thought the problem was occurring during the actual OS build stages. The support pack installs the iLO Management Controller driver and iLO Management Interface driver for Windows, each of these functions to improve the iLO experience.

In fact, if you have the OS loaded now (as well as the above drivers) I would probably recommend setting the High Performance mouse to Enabled or the default of Automatic rather than Disabled!