New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO2 board in use / not responding

SOLVED
Go to solution
JorisK
Regular Advisor

iLO2 board in use / not responding

Hi everyone,

I need to reinstall one of our Blades and update the firmwares. When i connect to the remote console it says:

The Intergrated remote console is unavailible, it's already in use by a different client.

Is there a way to reset the ILO board without pulling out the Blade out of the enclosure?

Also, when logging in to the iLO, i see i can update the ilo firmware on the ilo administration tab, it requires a .bin firmware file. Where can i get this file? I cannot update the firmware online because we use VMWare ESX.

Many regards!
5 REPLIES 5
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Do you know what version of JRE installed?

Is it sure someone not already accessing the iLO?

What is the blade model(s) you are dealing with?

Glenn Milne
Occasional Advisor
Solution

You can reset the iLo under Device bays\server\iLo\Web Administration\System Status. Look on the left hand side. Chosse Diagnostics...there is a Reset Radio Button there that resets the iLo connection. This will restart the iLo connection. It takes about 60 seconds.
JorisK
Regular Advisor

Thanks Glenn, that was exactly where i was searching for.

10 points granted! :)
Glenn Milne
Occasional Advisor

No worries...had to use it a few times myself lately.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Besides the diagnostics/reset option, you can turn on the "Aquire" feature of remote console

The remote console acquire is listed under Remote Console - Settings. Also when you use the acquire feature, many times it just appears to hang. After you hit the acquire button, wait about 15 seconds, close the remote console session and start it again.

If your network session is interrupted, or the iLO idle timeout value is exceeded while using remote console you can get into the "already in use" scenario.

To get the iLO .bin firmware file, download the latest online firmware update and on a Linux system run the .scexe file with the --unpack= option and specify a directory to unpack the files into. You will then have the .bin file to upload in the iLO web interface. If you download the Windows .exe file you can use the extract option to get the .bin file

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!