1753460 Members
4837 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLo on Windows 7 - Hangs IE 8

BeltwayBenny
Advisor

iLo on Windows 7 - Hangs IE 8

Been re-building a lot of BL460c G6 blades today. Before I start buiding via ILO I'm updating the firmware to 2.01 and then I open ip a Integrated Remote Console to the server in question. That's where things go bad. I'd say about 50% of the time either IE will say (Not Responding) or if I have 2 IRC windows open all screen updates grind to a halt and I have to kill IE. I'm using IE 8.

Anyone else having stability issues?

4 REPLIES 4
William Madden`
Occasional Contributor

I'm also having troubles with iLO trying to build DL380 G6 servers. The firmware has been updated but when I use Integrated Remote Console my virtual media (CD) will connect but is not recognized by the server during boot. I tried first with an iso image and then with physical media on the client device... neither worked so I had to travel to the data center and put the CD in local drive and it worked.

Another problem with Integrated Remote Console today is the function keys would not work during boot - F8, F9, F10, F11.

Like you, I'm on Windows 7 and IE 8.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

With IE8 turn off protected mode
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Proliant VMS San Mgrs
Frequent Advisor

It's not protected mode, F8 does not work during blade restart. You need IE7 in my experience (with OBA 2.60).
Problems Solved
JD-WFH
Advisor

Compatability mode for IE is supposed to help this problem, as well as making sure your cache is cleared often, but in my experience, Firefox is the way to go.