BladeSystem - General
1752794 Members
6419 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ie8 crashing with remote console

Jeff Forde

I am also experencing the same issue. IE8 drops into "Not Responding" 80% of the time when using the Integrated Remote Console feature of ILO 2. HP PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS WITH SOME ANSWERS!
Daniel Bowers
Trusted Contributor

This Advisory suggests adding the iLO IP address to the "local" zone in IE8 security:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01809764тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=3884098&prodTypeId=3709945
Eric Buono

^^ This workaround from HP seems to have worked pretty good so far. I have had a few times where the integrated RC has hung, but nothing to what it used to be doing.

Thanks for the post!
FThomas_1

With te ip adres added to the trusted sites now ilo remote console works fine with protected mode off in the trusted sites.
Shareef Yousef

The workaround resolved the issue with my 32bit browser, by I still can't get IRC to work with IEx64.
BNewby
Frequent Advisor

How do I add 8,000+ ilo IP addresses to the trusted intranet sites? Why doesn't ilo2 1.80 not fix the IE 8 problems?

IE8 has been around for a decent amount of time in my opinion...let's go HP!
Eric Buono

^^ You could add them via registry entry under HKEY_Current_User; that's where those settings would be placed. Might have to create a script or something to interval through the IP's if you have a range or if you have a list, export it to a file and merge it in.

None the less, I agree with you - come on HP; W7 is out and comes with IE8. Get on the ball!

Even with the tricks described here, I still have some issues time to time but I've boiled that down to other Java required applets that I have running during an iLO session. iLO is very picky with Java and that's annoying on its own.
Shareef Yousef

I just realized that now (with the iLO added under local sites), when I click Integrated Manager link IE opens a new tab but does nothing with it. Instead, it forwards the main page to the iLO login.

iLO and IE8 simply do not work together.
nsiakotos

I believe this has to do with network connectivity issues and iLO SSO. I noticed this when I installed a new blade and did not setup VC and decided to start using iLO on my laptop instead of my admin console which is in the same subnet and behind the same firewall. When I tried logging into iLO from my laptop which is in a different subnet and outside of our firewall I was not able to. However I could connect to any blade iLO that had VC enabled using IE8 without issue.
markzz
Advisor

I can only agree.
The ILO hangs are most inconvienient. It seems not all functions are supported with Firefox although I do use Firefox quite successfully. (Ver 3.0.15 I think)
Considering IE8 was first released as a Beta approx. 16 months ago and released to production over 6 months ago HP have had enough time to resolve these issues.
Dell and IBM don't suffer these issues. (They may suffer many others but not this)
Please HP sort it out. We do pay for the right to use this.. That would be that Advanced license we purchase.. It's not free nor is it cheap.