5236 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ilo2 mouse issues, BL460c

J.J. McDaniel
Advisor

ilo2 mouse issues, BL460c

Hey guys.

I'm using both RHEL4U3 and SLES9U3 on some BL460c blades.

I'm trying to use the firmware CD, Smart Start, Proli-Net-T, iso images to boot this from.

It boots them okay but I can never gain mouse control. I've tried disabling mouse acceleration and it hasn't helped.

Any tips? I've tried this on different blades, same thing.

The OS loaded flawlessly from LinuxCOE but I'm unable to use mouse in any of the above mentioned CDs from the ilo2.

Thanks!

J.J.
4 REPLIES 4
William E Howard
Regular Advisor

I had the same problem during the installs, but once it was up and running I had no issues using the Mouse on RHEL5 and Fedora 6. I simply used the Tab key to navigate during the installs.
J.J. McDaniel
Advisor

Thanks William.

We run X-less so not sure about once the OS is on there.

But I'm trying to update the firmware on this thing and am unable to unless I can gain mouse control.

Thanks!

J.J.
William E Howard
Regular Advisor

J.J.

Unfortunitally, I never could resolve the issue outside of the GUI. One thing I didn't try (mostly because I didn't have time) was updating the Firmware for my iLO cards, so you might want to try that. Of course, that may be where you're running into the issue as well. :) Your only other option is to use a crash cart and go thru the SUVI cable that I can see.
J.J. McDaniel
Advisor

Thanks William.

I thought about that as well.

I attempted to update the firmware to the latest, 1.29, and it hung at 99%, and now I can't access my ilo2 or the blade.

LOL!

Looks like it's a hardware call now.

Thanks for the assist.

J.J.