1753481 Members
3910 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: insufficient memory for cpqarray.sys

Troy Harrell
Advisor

insufficient memory for cpqarray.sys

I am build a BL460c blade server via Rapid Deployment pack. I receive "insufficient memory for cpqarray.sys" while the linux boot image is loading. I have upgraded the firmware, regenerated the linux boot image in RDP and called HP for advise. Still not fixed. Can someone tell me what is wrong?
5 REPLIES 5
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Hi Harrell,

RDP had issues with Windows 2000, not sure with Linux? Which OS are u trying to install.

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/rdp/knowledgebase/00000082.html

Regards,
Raghuarch
Troy Harrell
Advisor

I am trying to deploy Windows 2003 x86. However, the RDP job never starts because of the insufficient memory error.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Hi Harrell,

if you are trying to install 2003 with service pack, there are chances you may see this,
have you tried installing just 2003, with out service pack.
Once the OS is up deploy the service pack.

Regards,
Raghuarch
Troy Harrell
Advisor

"Insufficient memory for cpqarry.sys" appears before the initial deployment job to runs. The job I am running is "Deploy Proliant ML/DL/BL + Windows 2003 Enterprise + PSP {WinPE}.
Troy Harrell
Advisor

To resolve or dypass the error, disable the on-board array controller in the system bios. Once the initial SAN boot build process has completed, re-enable to array and configure as necessary.