BladeSystem - General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

p-Class Enhanced Enclosure with Mgmt FW 2.33 & iLO FW 1.89 Rack View problem

p-Class Enhanced Enclosure with Mgmt FW 2.33 & iLO FW 1.89 Rack View problem

Hi,
Does anybody experienced problems with the BladeSystem Rack View under iLO (FW ver.1.89) in a p-Class Enhanced Enclosure with the Management Module firmware ver.2.33?
I cannot get an image of the rack and associated enclosures within the iLO "BL p-Class" tab, all I get is this error:
"Unable to collect rack data:
It is possible that another iLO is performing the same operation.
Please use the Refresh button to try again in a few seconds.
This operation requires every enclosure Management Module in the rack to have Firmware Release 2.10 or higher."
1 REPLY

Re: p-Class Enhanced Enclosure with Mgmt FW 2.33 & iLO FW 1.89 Rack View problem

This behaviour occured after upgrading the BladeSystem plugin on HP SIM 5.1 to ver.2.4, and resetting the enclosures' management modules for all the enclosures in the rack (including the two 3U power enclosures as well). The next day the blade and all the enclosures are correctly reported into SIM, and the issue is gone (the Rack View is available again from the iLO web page). I still don't understand why the 3 standard blade enclosures in the same rack were fine, and only the 2 enhanced blade enclosures were busy, or affected by this change... but that's a different story.