Did you mean: 

p-class enclosure problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
rccmum
Super Advisor

p-class enclosure problem

Hello,

I have a p-class enclosures rack with BL35p blades. The enclosure MGMT module has an iLO port on it. Does any one know how to reset this port to factory settings? It's IP address and account info is not known.

The MGMT module show "Fault" red light. I tried to get the info from the service port but it shows nothing there.

Does anyone know what else can be done to know the fault details?

Thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: p-class enclosure problem

This port is an aggregator for the individual iLO management processors present in each blade server. It has no intelligence of its own. Think of it like an unmanaged Ethernet hub.

Can you access iLO interfaces through it?
rccmum
Super Advisor

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I tried to connect it assuming the usual iLO default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 through a cross-over cable and my laptop. I didn't see anything even the link was up.

I think it should have it's own username and password and allows to connect to the iLOs of the blades correct?

Appearantly, there is no used guide of this iLO port usuage or functionality details.

Please advice.

rccmum
Super Advisor

Anyone?
TarunJain
Respected Contributor
Solution

Hi dear,

Stop assuming things.
THIS IS NOT AN ILO PORT.
AT BEST IT IS AN PORT OF AN UNMANAGED HUB.

Instead of providing separate ilo port for each blade, hp has provided a single physical port to access each ILO.
Therefore, It does not have its own ip address, username or password.

If you are able to access the ILO port of any of the blades then it is working properly.

You have mentioned about a "Fault" red LED.
Check the enclosure status through ilo & get the enclosure logs through serial port for further details.

I hope, this information would be helpful.

Thanks
Tarun
TarunJain
Respected Contributor

Steps to get enclosure logs are available in following document.
Page 63,64 onwards http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00065042/c00065042.pdf

hope this would be helpful
Regards
Tarun
fishmn
Regular Advisor

This isn't much help but we feel your pain. We have nothing but problems with our fleet of 35p's. There is a reason HP engineers refer to them as "ghetto blades". I'm so ready to retire everyone of them and go all c class!
Gianluca C.
Occasional Advisor

witch kind of enclosure u use?
original or enhanced?
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

i assume yu have the enhanhanced emclosure, since you have separate port.When the red led is on , you can do 2 things :

1) press and hold for some seconds the reset button of the module
2) Re-flash the firmware of the enclosure( pssible ROM corruption
3) Replace