BladeSystem - General
1748255 Members
4194 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

"Post-Production" Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) for Gen8 Server Firmware Upgrade.

SOLVED
Go to solution
martinco-cae
Advisor

"Post-Production" Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) for Gen8 Server Firmware Upgrade.

Hi,

I need to firmware upgrade a Gen8 server but the latest SPP (Version 2017.07.1) is the new "Production SPP"  that only supports the Gen9 and Gen10 servers. There is mention of the "Post-Production SPP" but it does not appear on the list of available SPP's.

My Gen8 server is registered in the HPE Support portal "Contracts and Warranties" and it has vaild support until Aug 2018.

How long after registering the Gen8 should I have to wait to see the the "Post-Production SPPs"?

Any help or advise will be apprecaited.

Martin

6 REPLIES 6
bperugini
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: "Post-Production" Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) for Gen8 Server Firmware Upgrade.

Martin,

The Gen8 and G7 post-production SPPs have not been released yet. 

I'd suggest either using HPE subscriber's choice to be notified when SPPs are released or to occassionally check the SPP download page.

In the meantime, continue to use the 2017.04.0 SPP for you Gen8 and G7 servers.

-Bob

[Moderator edit: Updated the broken link]

Accept or Kudo

martinco-cae
Advisor

Re: "Post-Production" Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) for Gen8 Server Firmware Upgrade.

Thanks Bob,

I thought that it was not correctly picking up my Gen8 entitlement or that I was doing something wrong!

I had not even considered that the post-prod SPP's were just vaporware!

Hopefully they will appear soon.

Cheers

Martin

mhunter-hpe
Regular Visitor

You can always boot Intelligent Provisioning and update the firmware off the internet that way as well! 

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

i downloaded PP SPP Gen8 and G7 last week ...

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
gsteeley
Visitor

This was posted a while ago and I cannot find the SPP you listed. What SPP should I run for a DL360e G8 server?

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

SPP Gen8.x

spp.hpe.com ->Gen8

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!