2947 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

"the selected folder can not be verified as a valid source for "wi2008server"

markum fuadi
Frequent Advisor

"the selected folder can not be verified as a valid source for "wi2008server"

Dear guys,

Does anyone had a successful story deploy-ing win2008 server with an RDP ???

i get this error notification when try to install ICE2.30 on RDP OS deploy section step..
see my attach for details,

i already insert the right win2008 DVD source on my DVD drive..

any issue around??

need help guys,

regards,
markum@asa.co.id
www.markumfuadi.co.cc
7 REPLIES 7
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Re: "the selected folder can not be verified as a valid source for "wi2008server"

Markum,

Are you really sure you want Datacenter Edition?

A way round it....

Dont use the automated installer to install RDP.
Go run the setup.exe in the rdp folder on the DVD.
When you get to this stage say skip and copy the files later. This will allow you to proceed.

Copy the files manually into the osdist subfolder, but I bet they dont work as the media is not Datacenter Media.
markum fuadi
Frequent Advisor

Re: "the selected folder can not be verified as a valid source for "wi2008server"

Adrian,

according to rdp installation guide, i already manually copy-ing my Win2008 Server source into

c:\program files\hp\rdp\deployment server\lib\osdist\w61

my question is,
1.where i can find the Server Deployment job template on my RDP??? coz i only see my win2003 template job, see my attach, for details

2.or we have to create it manually also??

3.or there is any easier way to do the deployment (win2008 server) after manually copy the source???

need advice,
markum
www.markumfuadi.co.cc
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Can you run the PIM again
On DVD:\rdp\eng\pim\setup

And provide it with any 2008 std or enterprise media. Otherwise you can import the job but it wont setup all the other bits you need in the lib directory.

The 2008 jobs can be imported from DVD:\rdp\eng\pim\jobs\Server Deployment

Also
RDP 3.7 on ICE DVD 2.20 = Altiris 6.8 SP2 - does NOT support Windows 2008.
RDP 3.7 on ICE DVD 2.21 = Altiris 6.8 SP2 - can support 2008 (with RDP 3.8 jobs)
RDP 3.8 on ICE DVD 2.30/5 = Altiris 6.9 - DOES support 2008
markum fuadi
Frequent Advisor

Adrian,

Any idea, wht does the microsoft windows original/genuine "win2008 server any edition" DVD source physically package look a like?
is it one dvd for one version? (just like the earlier ver. Of windows cd source, e.g wind2000 or wind2003 server)Or one dvd for bunch of version (stndard, datacenter etc)
Or is it any issue wth the win2008 server dvd source tht i use for the instalation process? Coz im using a not licensed one..
Does if i use the original/genuine version of win2008 server, are this gonna solved my problems?

Tks 4 support,
cheers,
Markum
www.markumfuadi.co.cc
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

run the PIM from \rdp\eng\pim

Skip the media transfer and copy manually to w61d

It should not do a media check.

Genuine windows media.... well physically its about 5.25", silver on one side and on the other it says genuine microsoft.
markum fuadi
Frequent Advisor

Dear All,

i've download the Microsoft Windows 2008 Server Edition from Microsoft website finally.. with Windows 2008 Standard, Enterprise & Datacenter edition on one source ISO image (1,7 Gb)

and it works on my RDP deployment..

my question is.. does this result can represent my future Windows2008 server deployment with the Original/Microsoft 2008 server genuine DVD source that my customer want to buy with the same successful result guys??

need advice,
tk's
www.markumfuadi.co.cc
markum fuadi
Frequent Advisor

Dear All,

i've download the Microsoft Windows 2008 Server Edition from Microsoft website finally.. with Windows 2008 Standard, Enterprise & Datacenter edition on one source ISO image (1,7 Gb)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B6E99D4C-A40E-4FD2-A0F7-32212B520F50&WT.sp=_technet_,dcsjwb9vb00000c932fd0rjc7_5p3t&displaylang=en#filelist

and it works on my RDP deployment..

my question is.. does this result can represent my future Windows2008 server deployment with the Original/Microsoft 2008 server genuine DVD source that my customer want to buy with the same successful result guys??

need advice,
tk's
www.markumfuadi.co.cc