6527 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

"vcmd" messages in VCM System Log

The Brit
Honored Contributor

"vcmd" messages in VCM System Log

I am getting the following messages in my System Log;

VCETW2738004L vcmd: [VCD:USE833ECE5_vc_domain:1032:Warning] VCM remote session is invalid or has expired : hpvcd:showManagedObjects ([UNKNOWN]@[LOCAL])

and 2.
VCETW2738004L vcmd: [VCD:USE833ECE5_vc_domain:1031:Warning] VCM remote request has no security header : hpvcm:retrieveStateChangeCounters ([UNKNOWN]@[LOCAL])

The messages always come in pairs and the frequency is ~12 minutes.

Can someone tell me what they mean?
Where they come from?
How do I stop them?

Second, related question. Is there a way to reset the system log. i.e. create a new, empty log??

thanks

Dave.
7 REPLIES 7
H_Bachner
Regular Advisor

Re: "vcmd" messages in VCM System Log

I get the same messages since I updated the VC Ethernet modules to Firmware 2.31 this morning.

Any advice appreciated.

Hans.
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Hi Dave,

There is no method listed in the VCM guide, the VCM command-line guide, or the VCSU guide to clear the logs. I suppose you could hold in the reset button to revert to factory defaults.... but that is probably overkill. :)

I found the error messages above on one of our enclosures and I think it was because I initiated an SSH connection and didn't close it properly. Re-establishing the connection and logging out gracefully seems to have resolved the alert.
The Brit
Honored Contributor

This is certainly a possibility, I can think of several instances where an SSH session was improperly terminated.

I tried connecting and disconnecting cleanly but this didn't solve the problem, probably because the offending session is "UNKNOWN@[LOCAL]".

Is it possible to see these connections, and terminate/flush them from the VC CLI ???

I searched the help and couldn't find anything which might do it.

Dave
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

I haven't been able to find an active sessions list for the VCM. I think my original response needs a little clarification. Are you disconnecting from the VCM SSH session by typing "exit" and then using Ctrl+Shift+_ (underscore), then D to Disconnect?
The Brit
Honored Contributor

I think in my case, I had a situation where the VCM was hosed and not allowing logins. I tried an SSH connection which just hung and I had to kill the emulator window to get rid of it. I wasn't actually allowed to login, which might be why the error is showing UNKNOWN@[LOCAL].

The VCM has been failed over since then, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Dave.
htulumba
Advisor

This issue will be resolved with VCM Firmware 2.32 next week.
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Thanks for your comments everyone.

I will wait until I have upgraded to 2.32 and see if that fixes the problem.

Dave.