1745821 Members
4069 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

reset IP address for VC Enet modules

Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

reset IP address for VC Enet modules

I am trying to change the IP address for VC Enet modules. Someone set up the enclosure with addresses in 2 different subnets and I can't manage it with VCEM so I am trying to fix the addressing. From my OA under Enclosure Settings I can change the EBIPA address and apply it but the address is not getting reset. It says it will get reset when the current address expires which it says is a few minutes, but the addresses never change. How can I change the addresses for the IO modules in my enclosure?
4 REPLIES 4
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Re: reset IP address for VC Enet modules

Do You have any production activity ongoing in the enclosure ?

Try to physically remove the VC module and reinsert.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

thanks for the response- but can't really do that since there are others logged into the servers and they would lose connectivity if I removed all the VC modules.
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

So You have only one VC module ?
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Carolyn,
If you look in the Virtual Connect CLI command line user guide there is a command called "set domain".
In this you can set the IP address manually.
Or what you can do is set it manually to the new address and then disable it. A "disable" will then retrigger a DHCP request. So a fixed IP should be replaced with a DHCP lease of the same value from EBIPA.
This should not interrupt data in the VCs but will disconnect you from the VC manager. (Which is expected as you are changing the IP)

User Guide... look at p15
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01483008/c01483008.pdf