1748163 Members
3744 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: sb600c does not see sb40c

Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

sb600c does not see sb40c

After replacing the motherboard in a sb600c, windows no longer can see the array controller in the sb40c.

The iLo for the c enclosure shows the two blades are partners, can get status from both blades and everything is green.

However when we open the windows device manager on the sb600c, the array controller for the sb40c is not displayed. There are no unknown devices listed.

Is there a BIOS setting or some switch that we need to set on the sb600c so that it will connect to the other blade?
9 REPLIES 9
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Did you check the ACU? Does it shows the sb40c Drives.
Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

Yes I checked. The ACU does not see the controller. It just sees the internal E200i controller.

The internal controller also shows up in the device manager under the SCSI and disk controllers. I assume the other controller should show up there as well.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

From the OA CLI, Execute the command " Reset server" and check does it recognizes on boot up.
Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

I've rebooted the server a number of times. Is that what you mean? Or should I be looking for something during the reboot itself?
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

The command does reboot the server and it removes the power from it.
It is like Remove and Insertion of the server.
Most of the Times reboot from OS should work fine and it should recognize the drives of Sb40c.
Terence Tsao
Frequent Advisor

Did you repllace SA P400 raid card in SB40 ?
Because you couldn't see SA p400 via ACU.
Regards.

Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

Nothing was replaced in the SC40c
CarlosG_1

You may wish to check to see if you have the latest firmware. I had a similar problem with the sb600c not seeing the sb40c on random restarts.
I don't have a link but;
SUPPORT COMMUNICATION - CUSTOMER ADVISORY
Document ID: c01458856
Version: 1
Advisory: An HP StorageWorks SB40c Storage Blade Attached to an HP BladeSystem c-Class Server Blade May Become Inaccessible After Rebooting the Server Blade Following a Reset or Failover of Onboard Administrator
Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

Thanks. I'll look at that.