1752782 Members
5837 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: tried upgrading iLo firmware crashed system

jonny123
Occasional Advisor

tried upgrading iLo firmware crashed system

I upgraded my onboard administrator to version 2.13. Right after that I tried to upgrade the iLo firmware to 1.50 from 1.35.

Then it completely crashed the server. iLO on the server wil not respond. Othr servers are ok. But the server lost network connectivity, ilo not working and I get a critical error on the onboard administrator

Management Processor: Error - for proliant servers please ensure that you are running iLO2 version 1.30 or later.

I tried to go to the console and no Video nothing. Hard rebooted the server and nothing comes up.

What is going on here?
7 REPLIES 7
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

You have tried to remove the server from enclosure and put back ? Or put it to another slot

If nothing else helps
backup OA config, downgrade OA to 1.30.
Upgrade iLO's to 1.50 and then upgrade OA again - then restore OA config. NOTE: DOWNGRADING TO OA 1.30 WILL RESET OA SETTINGS (except Administrator account password)
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Dear Jonny,
You DID NOT read HP's WARNING before you updated the OA firmware to 2.13 !!!!!!!!!

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=3188465&swItem=MTX-5c3b51b8459f476b8a25d6c091&prodNameId=3188475&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=1

Important:
WARNING:
Onboard Administrator V2.13 requires a minimum iLO2 version of 1.43 for HP ProLiant blade servers. Please upgrade the iLO2 version to v1.43 or greater before attempting to upgrade the Onboard Administrator firmware. For more information on iLO, please see http://www.hp.com/go/ilo.

Regards,
jonny123
Occasional Advisor

the upgrade of the onboard administrator went fine. but the ilo failed.

now what do I do? my onboard administrator firmware is 2.13 but ilo version still at 1.35 for other blade servers
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Login to OA CLI and execute command reset server . On the servers where you are facing the Problem.

Then upgrade the iLO firmware it should work fine.

Once all the iLO are 1.50 then upgrade your OA to 2.20 version.
kyle bassman_1
Occasional Advisor

All of my blades iLO's are @ v1.50 All of my OA's are at v2.20

Yet, I cannot get certain features like the Virtual Devices tab to respond, and 2 of the iLO's on 2 of my blades do not respond as well. Can anyone provide some insight ?

Thanks in advance.

Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Did you try this ...
Login to OA CLI and execute command
"reset server "
On the servers where you are facing the Problem.

Alex Davison

I am having a similar problem.

I have tried downgrading to version 1.30 as suggested, but I just get the error saying The number is not in range for this bay type, and then in the system log in OA: Firmware veersion 1.30 is not supported on this hardware.

I downgraded to version 2.10 but I am still having the same problems.

I upgraded to the latest ILO firmware on the blades and then in the CLI did "reset server 1" but still no improvement. The blade doesn't even appear to want to switch on now.

Please help,

Alex Davison