1751932 Members
4862 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

uplinksets showing Linked/Standby.

The Brit
Honored Contributor

uplinksets showing Linked/Standby.

I have two uplinksets (A & B). One from Bay 1 (Flex10) ports X2-X6. The other from Bay2 (also Flex10) ports X2-X6. Each uplink is pathed to a different switch.

both uplinksets show all ports Linked/Standby.

how do I get them to Linked/Active.

Urgent.
3 REPLIES 3
Markus M.
Trusted Contributor

Re: uplinksets showing Linked/Standby.

Hi,
if none of the four ports is on Linked/Active you definitely have a problem on the switch, if only one has this status make sure LACP is correctly configured on the switches.

regards
Markus
The Brit
Honored Contributor

That was our response initially. Finally we concluded that it seemed to be a problem with Flex10/VMWare/460G6 servers.

We noted that the uplinks would go to Linked/Active, and all would be well, until the VMWare Host server (bl460G6) started up. At that point all uplinks would go to Linked/Standby, and all servers in the enclosure would lose their network connectivity. When the VMWare host shutdown again, the uplinks go back to Linked/Active, and network connectivity returns.

We had to revert back to the old 1/10G VC modules until this has been figured out.

Dave.
The Brit
Honored Contributor

found the following in the Release Notes for VCM Version 2.30 (and 2.31, 2.32 and 2.33)

For server or I/O interconnect hardware changes involving adding or removing Flex 10 functionality, the profile assigned to a server or server bay must be removed, all hardware changes performed, and the profile reassigned. Otherwise, indeterminate network operation might result.

This might be our problem. We will be using a test enclosure to try out some options.

Watch this space.....

Dave.