108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: vc 1/10Gb-F profile creation question

SOLVED
Go to solution
JuanjoM
Occasional Contributor

vc 1/10Gb-F profile creation question

Hello, it is posible to add the 8 nics in a server profile with a vc 1/10gb module or is a functionality only present in the Flex-10 and FlexFabric modules?

I read a lot of documentation and manuals but i am not sure about this question.

Thx in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Ali
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi there,

the functionality that you are looking for that is deviding each nic port into 4 physical nics is available only with flex 10 module.

So The HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 10Gb Ethernet Module is the only interconnect that supports connectivity to FlexNIC's on HP servers.

other scenario : normal nics to flex interconnect:
Standard 1Gb server NIC's can connect to VC Flex-10 Ethernet Modules but do not receive the benefits of FlexNIC 10Gb NIC's such as dividing each NIC port into four independent physical NIC's or custom setting the FlexNIC speed.

hope this clarifies.

thanks
Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

JuanjoM
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the answer Aftab.

If I understand correctly, if I have a c3000 chassis with a vc 1/10Gb enet module, I need to change it to a Flex-10 enet module in the interconnect bay 1 to use the 8 flexnic in my BL460c G6 servers.

Is this statement correct?

Ali
HPE Pro

Hi,

that's correct.

integrated NIC 1 and NIC 2 are mapped to interconnect module 1 in c3000 enclosure.

here is the quickspecs... check c3000 port mapping section
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13127_div/13127_div.html

thanks,
aftab.

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

JuanjoM
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Aftab.

JuanjoM
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Aftab.

I┬┤m going to order a flex-ten module and try it in my enclosure.