3573 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

vcagent shows not all available firmware updates

Deas.h
Occasional Advisor

vcagent shows not all available firmware updates

hello,

we got some new bl 460c g6 servers and i created a new windows 2008 r2 support pack for our new 2008 r2 altiris rollout with the modules i want. so far everything is working fine, except that i don´t see the firmware update for

Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - Smart Array P212, P410, P410i, P411, P712m and P812

and

Online ROM Flash for Windows - Power Management Controller (c-Class blades).

i now extracted the complete 8.50 psp and installed everything from this package - i still don´t see these firmware updates.

now i reworked my xml file for the 2008 x64 server also - and there i also don´t see these updates. but with my old 2008 x86 xml file i see them.

the firmware updates are NOT part of my custom support pack.

does anybody know what i am missing in my custom support pack?!?

thank´s a lot for your help!

brgds Andreas
3 REPLIES 3
Deas.h
Occasional Advisor

Re: vcagent shows not all available firmware updates

hello,

i think i found my problem - i used vcagent version 6.1.0.842 (cp012674.exe) for the new package, and this is the problem! i now went one version back to 6.0.0.840 (cp010969.exe).

anybody from hp can confirm this?!?

brgds Andreas
Deas.h
Occasional Advisor

hello,

i tested now the x86 version of the latest vcagent (6.1.0.841). it also has this problem...

brgds Andreas
Nicolai Rasmussen
Regular Advisor

There's no solution to this. Keep to vcagent version 2.2.835. Remember to install WBEM providers aswell, then you'll also be able to see disk firmware.

All versions of vcagent 6.x is faulty. - We've been waiting on a fix for 3 months now.
As far as I can tell, version 6.x only offers a small GUI enhancement over version 2.2.835. There's no functional difference.