1748171 Members
4004 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: virtual connect

ilayy
Regular Advisor

virtual connect

hi i have c3000 enclosure with a fibre virtual connect . when i move the server from one bay to another or i remove the server than i put it in his bay after a while the server is unable to boot .so i put the server in other enclosure and it boot normaly.in the onboard administrator on the server information it is written not configured in virtual connect. i tried to connect to the virtual connect manager the pages open and on it is written wait loading and i am not able to enter the password and username and it stay forever wait loading.i tried to use ssh to connect when i put the password and username it gives me denied while i am sure that the password is correct. and in this enclosure i have sensitive data and each time i remove a server it does not boot again .could somebody give me an advice?
(note: when i remove a server from the enclosure i have putted the disk of an other blade which exist in the same enclosure on it )

please need help as soon as possible
6 REPLIES 6
The Brit
Honored Contributor

ilayy,
One very important question.

Q. Do you have a VC Ethernet Module??

(You dont say!) You must have one to use Virtual Connect. The Virtual Connect FC modules NEED the VC ENet module(s).

The message you see "...not configured in virtual connect." (I think) normally means there is no VC profile applied, which might suggest that you do have a VC ENet module.

The VC Manager software runs on the VC ENet module (which must be in Interconnect Bay 1).

If you do have VC ENet Module then I have seen this problem before.

I resolved my problem by resetting the VC ENet module.

If you only have one, this will cause an problem for your blades and so they should be shutdown.

HTH

Dave.
ilayy
Regular Advisor

yes i have an ethernet virtual connect and also i have a redundant vc.but i am asking if the server is not getting his profile he cannot boot? .please can you give me the procedure how to reset the vc? without having to shut down the servers as i have a redundant vc.
please answear me as soon as possible cause by tomorrow i have to solve the problem and the blades contain oracle and critical software
many thanks
The Brit
Honored Contributor

ilayy

OK, First, be sure you know which VC module is currently the "active" VCM.

And a warning. The failover can take up to 30 seconds to complete, and will cause your connections to the Active module to be dropped. This will not be a problem provided that you have your NIC teaming set up correctly on the Server Blades, (i.e. NICs should be teamed in pairs with one NIC on VM module 1 and one on VC module 2)

To Reset the VC Manager,

1. log in to the OA.
2. select Interconnect Bays,
3. select "Active" VCM Bay.
4. select virtual buttons tab
5. click on "Reset"

If this doesn't work, then physically pull the "Active" VC Module from the bay and wait ~1 min. Then plug it back in.

Be sure to think this through before you do it to make sure you are comfortable with what you are doing.

Also when I had this problem, The first login after the reset was quite slow, so be patient.

HTH Dave.
ilayy
Regular Advisor

hi dave
thanks alot it works perfectly.
thanks again and again
The Brit
Honored Contributor

ilayy,
Glad that your problem was solved. Please assign points and close the ticket.

Dave.
ilayy
Regular Advisor

thanks dave u solved my problem