BladeSystem - General
1748270 Members
3969 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Can we use SUM/SPP to upgrade firmware of C7000 interconnect ProCurve 6120G/XG Blade Switch

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Can we use SUM/SPP to upgrade firmware of C7000 interconnect ProCurve 6120G/XG Blade Switch

Thao had a switch question:

I’d also really appreciate any pointers as to how to update these Procurve switch firmware. What is the process for “install like any procurve firmware update.” After putting the image on an FTP server?

I’ve exhausted SAW and the public domain without unearthing any useful information on how to update and any compatibility information.

I am curious why Bhardwaj is updating to 14.28. The latest posted seems to be 14.48 and I am not sure how far apart in time the two versions are.

I’ve opened a call with the response center without success. The Procurve team sent to the C7000 enclosure team, and they seem to be searching for information like I am doing.

I’d appreciate any pointers and documentation. Thanks.

Reply from Robert:

For 6120XG, I understand it’s the same as 6120 – see the Management and Configuration Guide at Appendix A.  In particular, pay attention to the section on primary and secondary flash image booting starting on p.6-14.

For GbE2c see HP GbE2c Ethernet Blade Switch for c-Class BladeSystem (for the GUI web-based procedure).

Both methods require a TFTP server on a reachable network to hold the image for transfer.

Questions?