1753519 Members
4224 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cannot Rename Devices

rronan
Occasional Advisor

Cannot Rename Devices

I have several devices 495Cs running ILO 1.70 and ESX 3.5 w no insight agents and I am having issues trying to to get the OAs to pick up the names. In the past I just renamed the host in ILO and the OA would pick it up on a refresh as of now w fw 2.51 that is not working.
4 REPLIES 4
dchmax
Frequent Advisor

Cannot Rename Devices

For some reason I believe you will need the insight management agents to report this information. I have a 495 running ESX 3.5 and the OA did not pick up the host name until I installed the insight agents.
John Cagle
Frequent Advisor

Cannot Rename Devices

Looks like a unintentional regression in behavior. Based on my testing, it should pick up the new name the next time the blade is powered down. I've reported this to the development team, and it can hopefully be fixed in a future version. I would like it to continue working as you expected.
Calvin Staples
Frequent Advisor

Cannot Rename Devices

Those running ESX 3.5i would be out of luck as the embedded version of ESX doesn't support HP management agents. If I am wrong on this I would like to be informed of how to do it correctly. I am getting ready to install fw 2.51 and we are running ESX 3.5i. The very thought of this is disturbing at best.
khenault

Cannot Rename Devices

ProLiant Management providers are included when you buy ESXi from HP. http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01570108/c01570108.pdf