1753769 Members
5210 Online
54796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Errors deploying PSP via HP SIM

cdmaestas
Occasional Contributor

Errors deploying PSP via HP SIM

I have a system discovered in HP SIM, but I can't deploy to it because of the following error:

---

X IP Address is not configured on the target system

---

How can I add the IP address to the system?

-cdm
2 REPLIES 2
cdmaestas
Occasional Contributor

I can't seem to tell HP SIM to set a specific IP for the server. When I got to edit properties for the server it only has a drop down and there is not a way I can manually enter the ip. Should that option be available?

-cdm
chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

A couple of internal strings came up on this question:

From Jim:

You have 2 discoveries essentially with Blade Systems

1)      Management Processor which gives you bare metal discovery

2)      O.S. Level Discovery which is your IP/DNS based discovery

The 2nd is required for a server to be eligible for SIM to do anything with it from a perspective other than the iLO. So to deploy the PSP it must have the OS Level Discovery.

And from Dan:

Something else to keep in mind is with Blades where the iLO and System are not discovered for some reason when the chassis is Discovered, you will get an entry in SIM/IC called a Stub Record.

Its usually a Serial Number of the blade for the name and has some details but not IP Address or most other useful details.

This comes as the chassis knows a certain amount of details about the blade but for whatever reason doesnтАЩt have a way into the iLO of the individual blade.

This is just a placeholder to properly link the blade and chassis once the blade or ilo is eventually discovered.

I would go into Discovery and discover the iLO of the blade directly using credentials that work over SSH (test them with putty ahead of time) and.

After that you need to get something working on the OS side of the house.  SNMP would be easiest and assuming Windows, you need snmp installed, running and configured with a valid read community string.  Also double check the allowed systems list to make sure its set to any host or the sim server is mentioned in the whitelist.  All this is done from the normal Services MMC on Windows.

Once you have some way of getting into the OS via SIM, you want to run Configure/Repair agents from one of the drop downs.  That will give you a remote way to push the right agents and/or configure the right settings for agents already deployed but not working.  You might be able to use CRA without the entry existing in SIM, but I donтАЩt have a machine handy to double check that on.