1751941 Members
4886 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Future enhancements of the Onboard Administrator

barrysinclair
Advisor

What enhancements or changes would you like us to provide in the future?
10 REPLIES 10
De Bruyn Michael
Occasional Advisor

what about an MSA1500-like solution in a C-class form factor? I heard this was comming... Is this true? Any specs released on this? So i am talking about a storage solution with onboad Smart controllers and storage cabinets... Thanks, Michael
barrysinclair
Advisor

In this public forum, we are not allowed to talk about future products, or things that require a non-disclosure. However, please be aware that we are always very interested in your needs and requirements. So, can I ask you to specify in a littel more detail what you would like to see? for example, would an iSCSI shared storage within the enclosure be valuable? for what uses? How about NAS (file-based) shared storage? How about Fc based shared storage? I'd be very interetsed in hearing from you on the uses of each of the above. When would each type of shared storage be used? what would be the deciding factors on when you might select each of the above types of shared storage? I look forward to your feedback. Regards.
barrysinclair
Advisor

Thanks for the enhancement idea. I'll add this request to our future requirements. The need for multiple email address notifications makes sense, and we'll let you know when we get this scheduled. Regards
Fabian Calvo
Advisor

What about an option to force the link speed on the OA to 10, 100 or 1000 mbps full or half duplex? Right now it will only autonegotiate correct? In case there are any possible negotiation issues with the external switch, it would be nice to have a setting where you can force it to one of those speeds :)
barrysinclair
Advisor

Multiple addresses in the email notification field. This is feasible. The "Alertmail" function in the OA will take normal email distribution list names, so it supports multiple email addreses. Thanks for your request; we will be augmenting our OA documentation to describe this capability. I hope this helps. Regards, Barry Sinclair
barrysinclair
Advisor

OA link speeds greater than 10/100? Yes, we want to provide this capability. It requires an OA with a different NIC... one that allows higher speeds. We are looking into this function in the future. Thanks for your request.
chopper3
Frequent Advisor

It would be nice if they were a lot faster :) Phil.

A function to select the priority of active powersupplies if dynamic power saving is enabled. If multiple enclosures are connected to 3-phases the L1 is always loaded which causes a unbalanced 3-Phase load on the power distribution. Lodewijk
barrysinclair
Advisor

Phil, thanks. This is a very good idea. I have captured your enhancement request, and we'll get it into the queue for a future version of the OA. Barry