1752784 Members
5539 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP OA firmware - bios question

Aterpinnc
Occasional Contributor

HP OA firmware - bios question

I know HP lists supported bios\firmware versions. What would be the result of updating the OA firmware if there is a server with an out of date bios? Will it blue screen or is just a case were some features will be unavailable? We have a server that is near impossible to schedule downtime for, but we want to update the firmware in order to add G7 blades.

3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: HP OA firmware - bios question

Such combination is probably not tested, so you maybe run an unsupported configuration then.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
TVVJ
HPE Pro

It could be said that if the server is working fine currently, then there should be no disruption in its functioning when OA firmware is updated. Updates do not remove support to existing servers installed.

However, having said that, the ability of the server BIOS to better interact with other servers and interconnect is also determined by the BIOS revision installed and the firmware of OA.

The server bladeтАЩs driver download page may be visited, choosing the serverтАЩs BIOS download page and the tab тАЬRevision HistoryтАЭ be reviewed for any critical fixes in BIOS updates to understand if the current version of BIOS has a fix for those critical fixes or not.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Aterpinnc
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the replies.