1748093 Members
6024 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

HP SUM 6.2.0 is now available for download

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

HP SUM 6.2.0 is now available for download

HP Smart Update Manager 6.2.0 (HP SUM 6.2) is now available for download on hp.com.  

HP Smart Update Manager (HP SUM) 6.2.0 has been released. The Fixes and Enhancements that were made to HP SUM 6.2.0 are documented in the Release Notes.

Note:  The HP SUM 6.2.0 Release Notes and User Guide are being finalized and should be available on the Enterprise Information Library early next week.

Note: The HP SUM QuickSpecs will be updated as part of the February launch.

Here is a release overview:

Note: To migrate node information from HP SUM 5.x to HP SUM 6.2.0, please run port-targets.bat (Windows) or port-targets.sh (Linux) found in the same directory as HP SUM. See the HP SUM Release Notes for more information.

Fixes:

• § Improved program stability
  • § Improved error reporting for VMware component deployment
  • § Discovery of hard drives behind HP Smart Array B110i SATA RAID controllers
  • § Japanese and Chinese language is now available when running HP SUM interactively in offline mode

See the HP SUM Release Notes for the latest information about the issues resolved in this release.

Enhancements:

• § Download from hp.com has been added as a location type to Add Baseline
    • §This allows the download of the contents of any Service Pack for ProLiants that are in the support window
  • § Improved Baseline and Node user interface

Delivery Options:

• § HP Smart Update Manager ISO (Coming Soon to the HP SUM Download page) - The HP SUM ISO contains HP SUM and a bootable ISO environment. Firmware and Software components can be added to create a customized baseline.  Note:The HP SUM ISO is still being worked as it depends upon pieces of the SPP which is being finalized at this time and will be made available within the next several weeks.
  • § HP Smart Update Manager RPM - The HP SUM RPM is a native package for Linux and is also available on the Linux Software Delivery Repository.
  • § HP Smart Update Manager zip - The HP SUM zip contains the files for running HP SUM on supported Windows and Linux operating systems. The zip file can be found here - HP SUM 6.2.0 zip. Note:Linux file permissions for script and binary files must be modified to add execute mode.

Note:These downloads do not include software or firmware. Software and/or firmware can be obtained from the HP Service Pack for ProLiant, Integrity Firmware Bundles, or download the latest components from hp.com using HP SUM baseline functionality.

Documentation:

For supported browsers, environments, and hardware, please see the Enterprise Information Library.

Please respond to smart.update@hp.com if you have any questions about this release.

6 REPLIES 6
kazuza
Advisor

Re: HP SUM 6.2.0 is now available for download

When will there be an executable to run hpsum local interactive on Windows Server Core installations?

Havind to depend on a browser to provision a server is useless ...

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/Latest-Proliant-Service-Pack-does-not-support-Windows-Server/m-p/6382797#M140954

SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

Hello,

is it normal that when trying to create a custom baseline, you're not able to choose Windows drivers?

I've just tried to build one but only firmware are listed...

Thanks and regards,

Carllennon

Cant get this to work, Every time I try to deploy updates I just get a message saying "Deploy Error..." and I cant see why it errord. Much prefered the old version.

grmler
Visitor

SwisspostIT wrote:

is it normal that when trying to create a custom baseline, you're not able to choose Windows drivers?

i had the same problem... in my case the "mistake" was that i selected some devices because we don't want to upgrade our fibrechannel-components - but as soon as you select a device you won't get drivers or software - even when "both" is selected -.-

Simpat
Frequent Advisor

Hi Kazuza,  Do you have any version works with server core? I want to know what is your solution to avoid using a browser.

|------------- ( ^__^ )--------------|
I'm Happy when You're Happy
Simpat
Frequent Advisor

Instead of HPSUM 7.4, I use HPSUM v5.3.5 which is come with SPP 2013.02.0 (B) with the swpackages from SPP2015.10.

HPSUM should have better command-line.

|------------- ( ^__^ )--------------|
I'm Happy when You're Happy