BladeSystem - General
1753818 Members
8943 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

How can I add an newer Proliant BLxxx BIOS ROM in a existing FW9.30 on USB Stick (VMWare) ?

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

How can I add an newer Proliant BLxxx BIOS ROM in a existing FW9.30 on USB Stick (VMWare) ?

Harald was looking to have a USB with all the firmware update info on it:

To prevent  multiple Boot or USB Sticks for update BLxxx Servers with FW9.30 and newer ROM Versions

How  can I add an newer Proliant BLxxx  BIOS ROM in a existing  FW9.30 on  a USB Stick ( VMWare)  ?

1.  add the  new “ ROM Version”  in  directory  from  HPFWUP930     ?

2   or can I  prepare  the  syslinux.cfg  File  to use the same USB Stick and boot  twice  ?

From Lee:

So that you don’t have to re-invent the wheel.  The new BIOS ROM updates are on the recently released Service Pack for Proliant image.

http://www.hp.com/go/spp

From the release notes, it is basically FW 9.30 with updated BIOS ROM and iLO, along with a few other additions.  I used it to update a set of BL460c G7 servers earlier this week and it worked very well (including updating the FlexFabric CNA’s in automated mode).

Any other comments for Harald? Have you used the new Service Pack for ProLiant?

1 REPLY 1
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Re: How can I add an newer Proliant BLxxx BIOS ROM in a existing FW9.30 on USB Stick (VMWare) ?

When I add updates to FW9.30 USB i put the new file *.scexe (suse linux update) in  \HPFWUP930\hp\swpackages\

and during boot i choose interactive mode. And then when you choose wich server series to update you need to click the allow non bundled versions to see your newly added update.

I guess you could rewrite the XML files to use the new for example bios update in an auto update senario but i have never tried it so i'm not sure it would work.