BladeSystem - General
1753882 Members
7274 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

How do I restrict c7000 blade iLo traffic to a single specific network?

SOLVED
Go to solution
wiegleyj
Occasional Contributor

How do I restrict c7000 blade iLo traffic to a single specific network?

I have a c7000 with two Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3120G for HP in Interconnect Bays 1 and 2. Each of these switches are configured with a single default Vlan1 and all ports are  members of that vlan (basically, the default initial configuration with all ports active .

Bay 1 is connected to a front end network with public IPs.

Bay 2 and both OAs are connected to a backend network with private addresses in the 10.XX.0.0/16 range.

Both networks have access to a central DHCP server.

I want the iLO interfaces for each blade and the OAs to get their IP from the DHCP server and they should communicate on the backend network.

What I'm seeing is some blades get a backend iLO IP address and some get an IP form the frontend. The DHCP server is seeing a DHCPDISCOVER on both its backend and frontend networks.

How do I restrict the iLO traffic to go out only from the interconnect Bay 1 module?

Thanks,

Jeff

1 REPLY 1
wiegleyj
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Re: How do I restrict c7000 blade iLo traffic to a single specific network?

I had to rewire my switches. After unplugging everything and reordering the wiring and plugging it back in things now work properly. I think I had some backend wire accidentally plugged into the frontend switch causing a copy of DHCP request traffic to copy over onto the frontend side.

Now that the rewiring guarantees that isn't happening everything is working fine.