6647 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

LOCFG.PL on Linux not working.

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

LOCFG.PL on Linux not working.

Dan had a Linux scripting question:

Have a customer who is trying to develop some scripts for configuring their iLOs from a central location. I pointed them to CPQLOCFG for Windows and LOCFG.pl for Linux. The Sample Pack 4 (iLO4 updated) contains a bunch of scripts and we picked a simple Get script and started testing with it. Running it from his Windows Laptop using CPQLOCFG it runs just fine and we get the expected output. Running it from Linux using the latest (I could find) LOCFG.PL bombs out with this error: HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed

Allow: GET, HEAD, POST, TRACE

Content-Length: 0

Server: Allegro-Software-RomPager/4.62

I am wondering if anyone has any tips for me as they would prefer to use Linux. I already saw some notes in the iLO4 Scripting Guide around adding the <LOCFG version="2.0">  header to the script, but that doesn't fix the problem and produces the same exact error. Testing is being done against a DL360p Gen8

Reply from Jimmy:

The locfg version you have may be an older one that only works with iLO2. There is an updated version of the perl script that added support for iLO3 and iLO4.

This download contains the latest version

HP Lights-Out XML PERL Scripting Sample for Linux v4.00

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=5219994&prodNameId=5228286&swEnvOID=4103&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-2e178c5435a742d5bbb60a3b0c

Any other comments or suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
wclinn
Occasional Visitor

Re: LOCFG.PL on Linux not working.

as usual, half of HP links to stuff that does not work, does not work