BladeSystem - General
1748016 Members
4513 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Onboard Administrator DVD functionality

jerich411

Has anyone been able to use the supposdedly DVD drive for OA c7000? Originally the feature was to be turned on when the firmware was upgraded to v2.04, this didn't work and have since then upgraded to the newest firmware and still not working, if anyone has gotten this to work please drop me a line. Thank You, Jessie Richardson
3 REPLIES 3
John Cagle
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jessie, This feature has been supported since version 2.01 of the OA firmware. Without any details, it's hard to know what might be going wrong for you. Before version 2.10, the DVD had to be plugged into OA slot 1 (on the left as viewed from the back) and OA1 had to be the primary OA. With 2.10, the DVD has to be plugged into the primary OA (either left or right). I suggest reviewing pages 127 through 140 of the OA User Guide located at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00705292/c00705292.pdf If this doesn't help, please provide us with more details of your configuration. Thanks, John
jerich411

Thank you, have the same document, all is the way it should be, no cigar however, I'll take another look at it on next week, thanks for the reply.
John Cagle
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jessie - did you get this working? If not, please provide some more details on your configuration and I'll try to help. Thanks, John