BladeSystem Management Software

Onboard Administrator(OA) Browser Annoyance

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Onboard Administrator(OA) Browser Annoyance

Tom was looking for help with a customer OA problem:

I received this from one of my customers – his concern is noted below.

--------

Basically, this is the issue. If you open up 2 different OAs in 2 tabs from the same IE session, then launch the iLO Integrated Remote Console for bay 1 in the first OA, then move to the 2nd OA and launch the same bay 1 there, it re-uses the first iLO session IE window which disrupts anything you were doing there. It could be any bay #, as long as it matches between OAs. It's very annoying behavior, especially when you are trying to do maintenance on multiple enclosures at the same time.

--------

I have tested this scenario on the test enclosure and can reproduce it.  I tried to “right click” the link for the Integrated Remote Console and clicked “open in new tab” or “open in new window”.

Does anyone have any thoughts/workarounds for this? Is this normal behavior, if so was this built in for a specific reason or is this a browser problem? As he mentions, it is an annoyance. 

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

*******************************************************************************************

Ken and Hiro provided some guidance:

Hiro: 

It is known issue.

Advisory: HP Onboard Administrator - A New Browser Window Will Not Be Opened When Connecting to the HP Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) of a Server Blade in the Same Bay Number of a Different Enclosure

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=3808910&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=3808910&objectID=c01918092&printver=true

Ken:

Assuming it’s some version of IE, Go to Internet Options – Advanced, and uncheck “Reuse windows for launching shortcuts”.

Let us know if this helps. Any other comments?