1753498 Members
4807 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Onboard Administrator module replacement to DDR2 KVM OA

joseph pareti
Frequent Advisor

Onboard Administrator module replacement to DDR2 KVM OA

A customer has purchased new c7000 DDR2 KVM OA and needs to swap them  online removing the old C7000 OA

Is the following process supported (mixed with old OA module)?  is there a manual or whitepaper on the topic?

Onboard Administrator module replacement to DDR2 KVM OA

1. Logon in  the OA  check which OA  is the Standby   OA

2. remove the  Standby OA Module

3. Insert  the new DDR2 KVM OA     ( now mixed with old OA module)

4. Logon in  the OA go to  "Active to Standby"   Onboard Administrator click on " Transition Active to Standby" to make the new DDR2 KVM OA to active

5. Remove now the Standby OA Module (must be the old C7000 OA )

6. Insert  the second new DDR2 KVM OA  

7. Logon in  the OA go to  "Active to Standby"   Onboard Administrator click on " Transition Active to Standby" to make the second new DDR2 KVM OA to active

8. Logon in  the OA check both OA are available and Status is OK

1 REPLY 1
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Onboard Administrator module replacement to DDR2 KVM OA

Hi,

I guess this process is good but I have not tried my self though.

But here are some more inputs:

Compatibility/Supported : The c7000 OA with KVM can installed in an enclosure with the original c7000 OA.

Should the DDR2 OA be in a specific slot : Either bay can contain the c7000 OA with KVM.

Can it be the primary/active: In a mix of original and OA with KVM, it is recommended that the OA with KVM be the active OA as it has several performance advantages over the original OA including 400MHz CPU, DDR2 memory and 1GB Management Port. The Enclosure KVM feature only works in the c7000 enclosure on the c7000 OA with KVM if it is the active OA.

Good Luck!

Thank You!

For product specific Guided Troubleshooting visit; http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
Want to know How to use HP Guided Troubleshooting?  Visit the below link.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03283214

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo