BladeSystem - General
1748227 Members
4340 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Question on Integrated Lights-Out (iLO3) and hot keys.

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Question on Integrated Lights-Out (iLO3) and hot keys.

Mike had a customer question on ILO3 setup:

I have a customer that just installed a blade enclosure.  There question is around the ilo 3 and remote integrated console. Under the hotkeys where "control-alt-delete" and "numlock" can you add to the hot keys. I.E. add "control-alt-insert" or something like that. Use to be able to add hot keys.

Hoa replied:

I found this in iLO 1.03/1.05 Release Notes.     Still looking for iLO3 1.25 Release Notes.

Obsolete features

• Telnet Interface (multiple SSH sessions are available for your use)

• Terminal services pass-through (the iLO 3 Integrated Remote Console performance and

feature set removes the need for this service)

• Applet for the Virtual Serial Port (the Virtual Serial Port is still available through SSH)

• Standalone applet for Virtual Media (the Virtual Media functionality is included in the Java

IRC; as well as the Windows IRC)

• Remote Console Hot Keys (the IRC applications support real keyboard-like functions)

• C-Class BladeSystem Wizard (the BladeSystem Onboard Administrator now provides the

BladeSystem Wizard support)

Jimmy also replied:

I’ve found as long as the Integrated Remote Console application is in focus you can enter odd key combinations and they go to the remote host, no need for hotkeys anymore.

Any other input for Mike? Are you using "HotKeys"?

1 REPLY 1
anthony11
Regular Advisor

Re: Question on Integrated Lights-Out (iLO3) and hot keys.

Non-ASCII keys do not go through for me.  I have had limited success defining key mappings in VMware Fusion to eg. map clover/command-8 to F8

Telnet Interface (multiple SSH sessions are available for your use)

Telnet is gone, and that's a fine thing, but the SSH CLI is very limited in value since "textcons" to get to the host console rarely if ever works.

Applet for the Virtual Serial Port (the Virtual Serial Port is still available through SSH)

See above -- the VSP doesn't work.

Remote Console Hot Keys (the IRC applications support real keyboard-like functions)

The "IRC" console unfortunately requires *both* MS Windows and MSIE, so one has to run a virtual machine to use it, which is really awkward, and introduces its own set of issues wrt getting alt/function keys through to the system.