5787 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

SSL Certificate on all HPE web managemetn tools

KingTony
Occasional Advisor

SSL Certificate on all HPE web managemetn tools

Hi guys,

I need help with having a single SSL certificate to solve the "not secure" warning on the HPE web management tools such as OA on five c7000 enclosures, their blade iLOs, as well as other standalone rack server iLOs and any other HPE management through the bwosers. How can i go about this?

Enterprise Engineer
2 REPLIES 2
Suvamay
HPE Pro

Re: SSL Certificate on all HPE web managemetn tools

Hello 

Please see the below if that helps 

Configuring Service Manager to Use SSL-based Trusted Sign-On

As an example, the following describes how to create signed server and client certificates using the OpenSSL toolkit as a private certificate authority. This example also uses the keytool utility available with the Sun Microsystems™ standard Java Development Kit (version 1.4 or later). Prerequisites: •

You must have the following software installed on a machine (on which you will create signed certificates for the Service Manager server and clients): o OpenSSL: can be downloaded from http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html o JDK 1.4 or later: Can be downloaded from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

You need to add the bin folders of your JDK and OpenSSL to the PATH environment variable definition of the machine, so that you do not need to change directories to the bin folders before running openssl or keytool commands: o OpenSSL bin folder: \OpenSSL-Win32\bin o JDK bin folder: \Java\jdk1.x.x_xx\bin

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Steve_Tippett
Frequent Advisor

Re: SSL Certificate on all HPE web managemetn tools

Your web browser is likely alerting you to the presence of the default un-secure SSL certificate provided by HPE on each endpoint (OA, iLo, Virtual Connect) that you connect to.  Installation of a trusted SSL certificate on each endpoint is needed, and it's not a simple process.  First you request and customize the certificate request, then use a Certificate Authority to generate a new SSL cert, then you install that new cert on the endpoint.  Powershell cmdlets can be used to do all of this.