BladeSystem - General
1752540 Members
4937 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: c7000 enclosure - IP address incorrectly set on onboard administrator with no standby module

CyntaxEra

c7000 enclosure - IP address incorrectly set on onboard administrator with no standby module

Hi there,

We have a c7000 enclosure with a single onboard administrator module.  The IP address of the OA was set incorrectly and we're unable to connect to it remotely as there is no standby OA and unable to ping on either the original IP address, or the IP it was changed to.

How can we change the IP address from the enclosure?  Is it just a matter of using a console on the enclosure, or does the onsite engineer have to connect a device to a port on the OA, log in with the OA credentials and change it there?  I backed up the OA config before any changes were made - would it make the onsite tech's job easier with a copy of the config backup?

Sorry, I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to blades and their enclosures but would appreciate any assistance :)

Thanks!

Eva.

1 REPLY 1
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Re: c7000 enclosure - IP address incorrectly set on onboard administrator with no standby module

Hi,

You can changethe IP address easily via the LCD screen on the front of the enclosure and the arrows...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !