BladeSystem - General
1752582 Members
5126 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: c7000 enclosure SNMP MIBs / OIDs for Present Power Readings?

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

c7000 enclosure SNMP MIBs / OIDs for Present Power Readings?

Carsten had a customer request:

one of my customer wants to monitor his c7000 enclosures via SNMP.

In detail, he wants to monitor the power consumption (for one blade and in addition in total for all blades incl. enclosure) and temperature (for one blade and in addition in total for all blades incl. enclosure).

Do you know where I can find those MIBs / OIDs for the C7000 enclosure and for our blades?

Reply from Monty:

You can obtain the enclosure Present Power by getting all six SNMP MIB power supply current output power values and add them together:

cpqRackPowerSupplyCurPwrOutput

which is MIB item: enterprises.232.22.2.5.1.1.1.10.1 through enterprises.232.22.2.5.1.1.1.10.6

Remember that power supplies placed in standby for Dynamic Power Savings will be reporting 0 watts.

The Onboard Administrator does not have server blade present power тАУ they would have to obtain that from each iLO.

Comments or other suggestions for Carsten?

4 REPLIES 4
ProliantWatch
Advisor

You can check if the mib kit is available under  the drivers downlaod page for this server

http://hpproliant.blogspot.com/
Eskil Bjorno
Occasional Visitor

Did you find the OID's for temerature as well?
khapare77
Occasional Visitor

hello all,

I have sevral c7000 enclouser, could you please tell me how to I get average power uage in each clouser with snmp ? At present I am using my own script to get power usauge via OH, show power command. It would be really handy to get via snmp. 

I tried this 

snmpwalk -c public -v2c enc01.nhpc.hi.is .232.22.2.5.1.1.1.10.1

I want to do the snmpwalk to get power average in each enclosuer so that i can create grap with rrd. 

What I have to install or extra configuration need to be done ? any help would be great 

khapare77
Occasional Visitor

okay I resolved as suggested by Monty