1748219 Members
4834 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

iLO Java Remote Console: Upcoming JRE 1.7u51

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Re: iLO Java Remote Console: Upcoming JRE 1.7u51

I do see the "Error, Click for details" with iLOs that are not in my Java exception site list but, If I close it and try again or click on the "Reload" button, Java will open the remote console.

You said you tried adding your iLO to the exception site list.   Did you use   https://iLO-IP-Address   format?

Yes I did.

You said you tried adding your iLO to the exception site list.   Did you use   https://iLO-IP-Address   format?

Clicking the "Reload" button, just takes me back to the same, "Error, Click for details" message.

I do see the "Error, Click for details" with iLOs that are not in my Java exception site list but, If I close it and try again or click on the "Reload" button, Java will open the remote console.

Taking your "reload" suggestion a little further, I found that if I got the the "Error, Click for details" message, and then closed the window.  And, back at the main iLO window, did a F5 (refresh), and reselected the "Remote Console", I'd get the (expected) server console screen. 

And, it worked for me, regardless of whether the IP address was listed as an exception or not.  I was experimenting with 2 servers - one with an exception, the other with one.

While it's clumsy, at least I have a working solution now.

Thanks for your help.

_visitor_
Visitor

I did some additional testing this morning.  I was able to raise the Java Security level back to High.  And, I removed the IP addresses from the exception list.

My workaround of having to try to access the Remote Console, close the window, refresh, retry Remote Console still works. 

The solution works with either IE 11 or Firefox 24.2.0 ESR.

KidCargo
Occasional Contributor

I'm running into this on the Lo100s running fw 4.25.  I added the site to the exception site list and still can't get the applet to load.  I get the "Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main jar:  http://<my ip>/M2.jar"

wcndave

This is still an issue, I cannot access any remote consoles across my 4 blade chassis.

I am using Java 8-25

I get the "error, click for details" message, and no amount of reloading seems to help.

Is there an iLO patch we need to apply?

Thanks

drvladson
Occasional Visitor

We have the same problem (even with 1.7u51, and 1.8u25. x86 and x64, with IE, Firefox and Chrome).

So what can we do?! HP?!

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

If you have your iLOs with a trusted SSL certificate, your browsers trust iLO webserver, you have imported the Root CA cert into the Java Keystore and you still have problems opening the Java iLO Remote Console then, call Oracle and ask them to get their act together.  

We have added all the required permissions into the JAR Manifest file and yet, JRE keeps blocking the Remote Console app.

I was just having the same problem.  I went into Administration > Settings > Security > SSL and changed the SSL Key length to 2048 and customized the CSR to change the Common Name (CN) to the IP address as that was how I was referencing the ILO.  When I tried to use the remote console it asked me to confirm the usage of the Remote Console class.

This is the first time I've been able to post something like this after years of getting out of trouble from other peoples posts so I really help this returns a favour or two.

ulicky
Established Member

Same problem on iLO100. :( Is it any chance, that this manifest will be added to iLO100? Thanks

Jon_Miller
Occasional Visitor

Not sure if others have resolved their problem but I worked through my issue recently.

1. Installed Java JSE v8u5 on my Fedora 20 64bit Linux station.

2. Used 'alternatives' to update the default Java over openjdk (including link to libjavaplugin.so.x86_64)

alternatives --install /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin.so libjavaplugin.so.x86_64 /usr/java/latest/jre/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so 200000

3. Ensured Firefox had a link to the plugin

sudo ln -sf /usr/java/latest/jre/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so /usr/lib64/firefox/plugins/libnpjp2.so

4. Restarted Firefox

a. Go to your Addons and ensure the proper Java plugin is enabled

5. Finally need to add exceptions for Java security for the applet to run.

- You can do this by running ControlPanel (/usr/java/latest/bin/ControlPanel)

and adding exceptions in the Security tab for your iLO address.

E.g. I was hitting my iLO via IP address, so the exception looked like "https://10.39.8.13"

- Also, I noticed that by adding this exception, it was fortunately just saved into a plain text file located at:

~/.java/deployment/security/exception.sites

- I intend to create a simple script that ensures my exception is there and then opens a tab in firefox to the iLO address.