cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6120XG USB console connection problem

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

6120XG USB console connection problem

Wim had an issue connecting the ProCurve 6120XG switch module to the BladeSystem Onboard Administrator(OA):

*************************************************************************************************************

Does anybody has any experience with the ProCurve 6120XG USB serial console connection?

This is my experience. I installed the driver on my notebook (XP SP3) which created a COM9 port.  It was not possible to get a connection with Hyperterm or KEA terminal emulators.  With PUTTY I did get a console connection but when I logout out from the console I could not connect again only after a reboot of the switch. I tried it also with a fixed baud rate configured on the switch but this did not help. The switch is running Z.14.09.

********************************************************************************************************************

Ken had a solution:

******************************************************************************************************************

I prefer to use the OA connection.  SSH to the OA, Log in to the OA, type “connect interconnect <bay #>”.

*************************************************************************************************************

Any other good ideas for this problem? Let us know!!