Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware for HP 10Gbe Pass-thru!!!!!!

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Firmware for HP 10Gbe Pass-thru!!!!!!

Nick needed to upgrade some Pass-Thru module firmware:

Hi Folks,

Can anyone help me obtain the file   10GPTHRU-1.0.7.0_FW.bin   I need to help customer upgrade older pass-thru firmware and every time I try to download file, it seems to just open up with all the jibberish of the bin file

HELP!!

Some people replied to Nick:

Eirik answered:

Since it’s a .bin file and not zipped I would reccomend rightclicking and “save as”, really distributing files in bin can be troublesome. Otherwise, is this Pass-Thru firmware not included in the OA-firmware like all other Pass-Thru modules?

Steven had some info:

I don’t believe the FW is included in the OA distribution, based on a recent upgrade I did which had a single 10GbE PTM installed.   I’ve included part of the output listing what was found minus the full count of fans…

Device                         Name                                                        Location  Version  New Version

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRAY   | BladeSystem c7000 Onboard Administrator Tray  | -       | 1.7       | 1.7    

LCD     | BladeSystem c7000 Insight Display                         | -     | 2.2.2    | 2.2.2  

BLADE | HP StorageWorks SB40c                                            | 4     | 2.20     | 2.20   

ICBAY  | HP 4Gb Fibre Channel Pass-thru Module for c-C  | 5A    | 2.4      | 2.10.3 

FAN     | Active Cool 200 Fan                                                      | 1     | 2.7.4    | 2.7.4  

FAN      | …

And Keenan replied:

You have to use a tftp server to load the pass-thru firmware.  See the manual http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01868273/c01868273.pdf  page 14.  Not the simplest procedure but it does work.  I have had problems downloading ftp via the HP PC COE build of IE, but Chrome seems to work.

Attached is the .bin file I used earlier today…

Any other suggestions or comments?