3120 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP 6125XLG used for SAN

nich42
Visitor

HP 6125XLG used for SAN

Hi,

I am working with a pair of HP 6125XLG switches in a C7000 chassis with G8 blades. I also have a NetApp 2760 (disk array). The NetApp uses iSCSI. There is a vmware hypervisor on one of the blades.

I am trying to create a Storage Area Network (SAN). I cannot map the LUN's to the host. I've been looking through the documentation, but cannot discern if it is actually possible to do this with the switches I have currently. There is mention of the 6125XLG being compatible with iSCSI, but no documentation on how it is set up. Can anyone confirm/debunk this. 

Thanks,

Nick

1 REPLY 1
ajav01
HPE Pro

Re: HP 6125XLG used for SAN

HI,

ISCSI configuration in 6125XLG is via VLANs, configure and use seperate /dedicated VLAN for ISCSI interface in the downlink of the 6125XLG. enable jumbo frames on the interface and connect  via 10GB ethernet switch  in the same subnet and ping test, if reachabable.

configure same VLAN in storage under iscsi options. ping test the connectivity.  add host in the storage  add the host. else make sure to check the connetivity path each side again. once discovered present lun to the host. restart host and check the presented lun in the OS. if still need assistance engage HPE consultant team ( which is on charage) to study the setup and assist to install / configure. 

I am a HPE Employee